The Town of Edson owns two Cemeteries: the Edson Cemetery, and the Glenwood Cemetery.
The Edson Cemetery is located at SW 5-28-53-17 W5M and is retained as a public cemetery although the cemetery is not presently being used for interments.
The Glenwood Cemetery is located on 63rd Street between Highway 16 West (4th Avenue) and Highway 16 East (2nd Avenue). The Cemetery has four columbariums and a Field of Honour is present in the North West section of the Cemetery. In 2004, Section H opened creating over 250 new Burial Plots.
The Engineering Department is responsible for the overall administration of graves and the Cemetery including the following:
- Burial Plot sales (pre-need or at-need) FORM - Burial Plot
- Columbarium Plot sales (pre-need or at-need)
- Interments for casket, columbarium, and cremation burials
- Monument Permit FORM - Monument Permit
- Grave location requests*
- Disinterments of caskets and cremains
- Deeds for Burial Plots
- Refunds for vacant Plots
- Maintaining all Cemetery records
- Bylaw No. 1897 - Cemetery Bylaw
- Cemetery Map
- Cemetery Directory
- Cemetery Fees and Charges
*Please Note: The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act does not allow making public burial information that is less than 25 years old.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Adele Warner at (780) 723-4402 or check out cemetery lot information by visiting our Munisight Map