Trail Safety and Etiquette
As the weather starts to improve, trail use around town will be increasing. At this time, the Town of Edson would like to share some safety and etiquette tips for the municipal trail system.
- Please stay on marked trails. Follow the signage and watch for a new update to the Edson Mobile App that will help guide you.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye out for local wildlife.
- Have a mobile device for emergency situations.
- Edson trails are pet friendly. Please keep all pets on a leash and be sure to clean up anything left behind.
- Please place garbage in receptacles provided.
- Do not disturb plants or wildlife.
- Respect the privacy of neighbouring residents.
- Motorized vehicles are not allowed on any trail.
The Town of Edson will be working closely with the Edson RCMP to patrol area trails. Protective Services will be conducting regular bike patrols to educate and enforce bylaws, as well as to maintain a presence and monitor activities in the areas not easily accessible by motorized vehicles.
If you have any parks and trail related questions please contact Community Services at 780-723-4403. For bylaw related questions call Protective Services at 780-723-3178.
If you notice suspicious activity in the trails, please contact the Edson RCMP.