How to pay your bill if your mail service is disrupted
Have questions about how a potential Canada Post Strike/Lockout will affect your Town of Edson account? The following is some important information that will help you manage your account and pay your bill if postal service is disrupted.
Keep things up to date with electronic billing
Sign up for e-billing to keep up with your payments and avoid late charges in the event of a disruption in Canada Post service.
With e-billing you will be emailed a copy of your bill with the same information as the paper copy. This includes your bill amount, due date and summary of usage.
Choose a payment option to suit your needs
The Town of Edson offers a number of options for payments of tax and utility bills.
- NEW - Electronic Transfer - Payments can now be sent vie e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate what the payment is for (input account number and info).
- Set up pre-authorized payments to have your bill paid by automatic withdrawals from your bank account.
- Pay through your financial institution, including online, over the phone, in person, etc. Check with your bank to see what options are available.
- Pay online through OptionPay
- Pay with your Online Banking
Search for the Town of Edson as your Payee
Your account number can be as follows:
Utility Account: the utility account number specified in your bill but without the decimal point (.)
Tax Roll: your tax roll number is your account number. If your bank does not allow you to input your roll, include zeroes at the beginning of your roll number.
Customer Account: use your customer ID shown on your invoice.
If you are unsure which account number to use, let us know.
- Pay in person at the Town Office at 605-50th Street
- Mail a cheque - You can send a cheque payable to: Town of Edson : Box 6300, Edson, AB T7E 1T7
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I still responsible for my bill and payments even if mail delivery service is disrupted?
Yes. There are many options available to help you keep your account up-to-date. Please keep in mind that you will still be responsible for making regular payments if mail service is disrupted.
I haven’t received my bill. How can I find out the amount owing?
Please call the Town Office at 780-723-4401 for billing information or to sign up for e-billing.
How do I know when my bill is due?
Your billing schedule occurs at regular monthly intervals. You can check your previous statement for information about the billing date.
What happens if I pay my bill late?
We’re available to work with you during this time to provide payment options to help keep your account up-to-date and avoid late charges. Choose from available billing and payment options to best suit your needs.
If you have concerns about charges on your account, please contact the Town Office at 780-723-4401.
Can I cancel electronic billing once mail service resumes?
Please call the Town Office to make any changes to your utility or tax accounts.