How to pay your bill if your mail service is disrupted
Have questions about how a potential Canada Post Strike/Lockout will affect your Town of Edson account? The following is some important information that will help you manage your account and pay your bill if postal service is disrupted.
Keep things up to date with electronic billing
Sign up for e-billing to keep up with your payments and avoid late charges in the event of a disruption in Canada Post service.
With e-billing you will be emailed a copy of your bill with the same information as the paper copy. This includes your bill amount, due date and summary of usage.
Choose a payment option to suit your needs
The Town of Edson offers a number of options for payments of tax and utility bills.
- Set up pre-authorized payments to have your bill paid by automatic withdrawals from your bank account.
- Pay through your financial institution, including online, over the phone, in person, etc. Check with your bank to see what options are available.
- Pay online through OptionPay
- Pay with your Online Banking
Search for the Town of Edson as your Payee
Your account number can be as follows:
Utility Account: the utility account number specified in your bill but without the decimal point (.)
Tax Roll: your tax roll number is your account number. If your bank does not allow you to input your roll, include zeroes at the beginning of your roll number.
Customer Account: use your customer ID shown on your invoice.
If you are unsure which account number to use, let us know.
- Pay in person at the Town Office at 605-50th Street
- Mail a cheque - You can send a cheque payable to: Town of Edson : Box 6300, Edson, AB T7E 1T7