The Town of Edson owns two Cemeteries: the Edson Cemetery, and the Glenwood Cemetery.
The Edson Cemetery is located at SW 5-28-53-17 W5M and is retained as a public cemetery although the cemetery is not presently being used for interments.
The Glenwood Cemetery is located on 63rd Street between Highway 16 West (4th Avenue) and Highway 16 East (2nd Avenue). The Cemetery has four columbariums and a Field of Honour is present in the North West section of the Cemetery. In 2004, Section H opened creating over 250 new Burial Plots.
The Planning Department is responsible for the overall administration of graves and the Cemetery including the following:
- Burial Plot Purchase (FORM)
- Burial Plot Reservation (FORM)
- Columbarium Niche Purchase (FORM)
- Columbarium Niche Reservation (FORM)
- Interments for casket, columbarium, and cremation burials
- Monument Permits (FORM)
- Monument Permits for the Veterans Section(FORM)
- Grave location requests*
- Disinterments of caskets and cremains
- Deeds for Burial Plots
- Refunds for Vacant Plots
- Maintaining and Administration of all Cemetery records
- Bylaw No. 1897 - Cemetery Bylaw
- Cemetery Map
- Cemetery Fees and Charges
*Please Note: The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act does not allow making public burial information that is less than 25 years old.
*Please Note: During winter months (Mid October to April 30) we require 3 full days notice of intention to inter in order to prepare a plot for casket interment and 2 full days to prepare for cremains interment.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact the Cemetery Administrator at (780) 723-4402 or email@example.com
You may also check out cemetery lot information by visiting our Munisight Map