Area Structure Plans (ASP) are documents approved by the Town of Edson Council as bylaws and are used as a guide by the administration in planning future development within the Town of Edson.
The plan not only describes how an area will be proposed, subdivided, and developed. It also addresses water supply, sewage disposal, stormwater drainage, environmental issues, road connection/ network, etc.
The following ASPs are available upon request. If you wish to obtain a copy, please contact the Planning Department at the Town of Edson by email or by calling 708-723-4402.
Anderson Area Structure Plan
The Anderson Area Structure Plan (Part of SE-20-53-17-5) was adopted by Council in 2017.
- Federal and Provincial Guidelines
- Migratory Birds Convention Act
- Species at Risk Act
- Alberta Historical Resources Act
- Alberta Water Act
- Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
The Bench Creek Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2009.
- Pipelines & Rights of Ways
- Environmentally Significant Features/ Environmental Reserve
- Environmental Guidelines for Subdivision Review
- Standards and Guidelines for Municipal Waterworks, Wastewater and Storm Drainage System
- Related to Surficial Geology (Roed, 1970; Vogwill & Beerwald, 1981)
Studies (Attached in Appendix)
- Groundwater Potential Assessment, Proposed Subdivision, NW & SW Sec. 19, Twp. 53, Rge. 17, W5M, Edson, Alberta (see Appendix A)
- Hydrometer & Grain Sieve Analysis (see Appendix B)
- Near Surface Groundwater Evaluation (see Appendix C)
Bench Creek Redistrict Land within ASP
The Bench Creek Redistrict Land within the Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2009.
East Edson Industrial Park
Eastside Industrial Park
The Eastside Industrial Park Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2010.
- Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA)
- Stormwater Management Guidelines for the Province of Alberta 1999 (prepared by Alberta Environment and relevant stormwater management policies and practices of the Town
The Edson West Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2013.
- Land Use Bylaw 2118
- Amendment - Bylaw 2251
- Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) prepared by Alberta Transportation
- Functional Planning Study prepared by Alberta Transportation
- Simms Area Structure Plan
- Master Servicing Plan
- Partners in Protection Program (1999) FireSmart: Protecting Your Community from Wildfire.
- Pipeline rights-of-ways
- Draft Highway 16 Corridor Overlay District
- Business Commercial/ Light Industrial District
The Hillendale Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2006.
- Traffic Impact Assessment was being prepared concurrently
The Johnson Estates Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2003.
- Town of Edson General Engineering Study – 1982
- Alberta Environment standards regard on storm water facilities
Parks in Edson
The Parks in Edson Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2009.
- Environmental Assessment (Appendix B)
- Preliminary geotechnical assessment (PGA) (Appendix C)
- LEED New Construction guidelines
The Parks in Edson; 2011 Hospital Amendment
The Parks in Edson (2011 Hospital Amendment) Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2011.
Preliminary geotechnical assessment (PGA)
- Landform and vegetation topography of the site (Appendix A)
- The Parks in Edson and Proposed Healthcare Facility Municipal Servicing (Appendix B)
Plan 3719ET; Block 4 (West Grove)
The Area Structure Plan for Block 4, Plan 3719ET was adopted by Council in 1999.
Future Conceptual Roadway Plan, Fig.4.2 in the Municipal Development Plan