Area Structure Plans (ASP) are documents approved by the Town of Edson Council as bylaws and are used as a guide by the administration in planning future development within the Town of Edson.
The plan not only describes how an area will be proposed, subdivided, and developed. It also addresses water supply, sewage disposal, stormwater drainage, environmental issues, road connection/ network, etc.
The following ASPs are available upon request. If you wish to obtain a copy, please contact the Planning Department at the Town of Edson by email or by calling 708-723-4402.
The Anderson Area Structure Plan (Part of SE-20-53-17-5) was adopted by Council in 2017.
- Land Use Bylaw 2202
- Federal and Provincial Guidelines
- Migratory Birds Convention Act
- Species at Risk Act
- Alberta Historical Resources Act
- Alberta Water Act
- Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
- Appendix A – Geotechnical Test Results (Page 17)
The Bench Creek Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2009.
- Land Use Bylaw 2079
- Pipelines & Rights of Ways
- Environmentally Significant Features/ Environmental Reserve
- Environmental Guidelines for Subdivision Review
- Standards and Guidelines for Municipal Waterworks, Wastewater and Storm Drainage System
- Related to Surficial Geology (Roed, 1970; Vogwill & Beerwald, 1981)
Studies (Attached in Appendix)
- Groundwater Potential Assessment, Proposed Subdivision, NW & SW Sec. 19, Twp. 53, Rge. 17, W5M, Edson, Alberta (see Appendix A)
- Hydrometer & Grain Sieve Analysis (see Appendix B)
- Near Surface Groundwater Evaluation (see Appendix C)
Bench Creek Redistrict Land within ASP
The Bench Creek Redistrict Land within the Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2009.
- Land Use Bylaw 2082
The East Edson Industrial Park Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 1987.
- Land Use Bylaw 1689
The Eastside Industrial Park Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2010.
- Land Use Bylaw 2100
- Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA)
- Stormwater Management Guidelines for the Province of Alberta 1999 (prepared by Alberta Environment and relevant stormwater management policies and practices of the Town
The Edson West Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2013.
- Land Use Bylaw 2118
- Amendment - Bylaw 2251
- Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA) prepared by Alberta Transportation
- Functional Planning Study prepared by Alberta Transportation
- Simms Area Structure Plan
- Master Servicing Plan
- Partners in Protection Program (1999) FireSmart: Protecting Your Community from Wildfire.
- Pipeline rights-of-ways
- Draft Highway 16 Corridor Overlay District
- Business Commercial/ Light Industrial District
The Hillendale Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2006.
- Land Use Bylaw 2022
- Traffic Impact Assessment was being prepared concurrently
The Johnson Estates Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2003.
- Land Use Bylaw 1958
- Town of Edson General Engineering Study – 1982
- Alberta Environment standards regard on storm water facilities
The Parks in Edson Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2009.
- Land Use Bylaw 2078
- Environmental Assessment (Appendix B)
- Preliminary geotechnical assessment (PGA) (Appendix C)
- LEED New Construction guidelines
The Parks in Edson; 2011 Hospital Amendment
The Parks in Edson (2011 Hospital Amendment) Area Structure Plan was adopted by Council in 2011.
- Land Use Bylaw 2116
Preliminary geotechnical assessment (PGA)
- Landform and vegetation topography of the site (Appendix A)
- The Parks in Edson and Proposed Healthcare Facility Municipal Servicing (Appendix B)
The Area Structure Plan for Block 4, Plan 3719ET was adopted by Council in 1999.
- Land Use Bylaw 1877
Future Conceptual Roadway Plan, Fig.4.2 in the Municipal Development Plan