The Public Works team is responsible for maintaining Edson roadways, water & sewer lines, snow removal, sanding and the animal pound.
The Public Works Department employs 15 full time staff in the winter including Utility Operators, Mechanics, a receptionist, Equipment Operators and a Building and Facility Maintenance person. In the summer months we add Parks Operators, a Parks Foreman and numerous Summer Students.
Request for Qualification
The Town of Edson is requesting a pre-qualification process for contractors who perform construction and maintenance work for the Town of Edson. The intent of the pre-qualification is to provide improved and more consistent project outcomes for the Town of Edson by working with contractors who are committed to continuous improvement in process and systems. Pre-qualification will focus on The Public Works Department.
This report will focus on:
- Pre-qualification objectives
- Acceptability of contractors,
- Requirements for pre-qualification,
- List of contractors who wish to be pre-qualified.
General Contractor Request for Qualification
Water/Sewer Installation Contractors
The Town of Edson is now accepting submissions from Contractors that are interested in pre-qualifying for the provision of water/sewer installation services within the Town of Edson. The Town will provide the developer with an approved list of Contractors to complete the install.
The scope of services to be provided either to the Town or developers include:
- Availability to provide developers and homeowners the requested services as specified in the Town’s “Application for Water and Wastewater Installation”. Costs associated with the install requests are to be determined between the Contractor and the developer. The Town’s application form is to be used as a guide; any costs associated with the form are for the Town to hold as securities to ensure that work is undertaken as per established standards;
- Chlorine neutralization products are to be used when potable water is released to the environment;
- Commissioning of the service install; and
- Restoration of the area(s) disturbed by the excavation.
This RFQ process will determine a qualified list of Contractors that can be given to developers or homeowners.
3240 - 1st Avenue
P.O. Box 6300
Hours of Operation 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. closed from 12 - 12:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Phone: (780) 723-6461
Fax: (780) 723-7188
General Manager, Infrastructure & Planning
Transportation Services Manager