We are moving forward with our 2021 event!
Due to COVID Restrictions we are unable to have our usual in person event so instead we are doing a virtual event like last years but bigger and better!
There will be a Kids Fun Run Loop (1km), 3km walk/run, 5 km walk/run, & a 10 km walk/run. The trails will be marked and the maps are below. Start/Finish line is at Repsol Place (1021 49 st).
You can participate with your household anytime between Friday June 18th (after 3 pm)- Sunday June 20th.
Registration is now closed!
What is included with each registration (while supplies last):
-Participant package (runners bib, medal, Mcdonald's breakfast coupon (egg mcmuffin & juice), local coupons, swag, etc.).
-a donation that helps support development of our trail system.
-a chance to win participation prizes.
-if you choose you can self time and report your time with a GPS proof (screenshot of timed route) to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a prize for Fastest Male/Female for each race (except the Kids Fun Run). There are a lot of free apps to record your route/time on like Nike Run, Strava, Fitbit, Map My Walk, etc. Times must be submitted by June 21st in order to be eligible for prizes.
Important event info:
1. Package Pickup is at Repsol Place (1021-49 st) on Friday, June 18th from 3-6 pm & Saturday 9-10 am. You must pick up your package then. It will not be drive thru anymore you can come to our booth to pick up, but please try to maintain physical distancing
while doing so.
2. This year the event is still "virtual" due to restrictions so you can run it on your own or with another participant anytime after you pick up your package but before end of day Sunday, June 20th.
3. There will be a start line with feather flags on either side of it on the west side of Repsol Place. From there the route is marked with
arrows that will be tied to traffic signs or trees. Follow the color that matches your bib to ensure you stay on the right route. Also please familiarize yourself with the trail maps that are available at edson.ca/eddiesbigrun. The distances are not exact, but they are close.
4. If you are choosing to time yourself & want to your results to be released & a chance to win the fastest male/female in each race
(except the Kids Fun Run), you must:
- record your run using a GPS tracked App. For example, strava or nike run.
-submit a screenshot of your race to email@example.com by June 21st.
5. We will do draw prizes from all participants and contact the winners early next week.
6. Have so much fun! Enjoy our beautiful trail system- the scenery, the wildlife, the hills, all of it! When you are done proudly throw on
your medal & head over to McDonald's to grab some breakfast using the coupon from your swag bag. Post a picture to our Facebook Page too!
The routes are a mixture of single and double track trails (paved and unpaved) as well as some road running.
Kids Fun Run (approx. 1 km)
5 km Run/Walk
10 km Run/Walk
HUGE Thank You to our Partners who have helped make this event happen. The donations we solicited in early 2020 have been rolled over to this years event!
Our Partners are:
Platinum: Tourmaline Oil & Velvet Energy
Gold: Ranger Oilfield, ATB, CNRL, WSP, Branch Corner Supply, West Fraser, & McDonalds Edson, Tim Hortons
Silver: MBWJS Accountants, Foothills Automation, Edson Dance Academy, Edson Tumblers Gymnastics, Jensen's Lifestyle Clothing, Active Health Chiropractic & Wellness Centre.
For real time updates on the event check us out on Facebook.
You may also contact us by phone at 780-725-3083 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Past race results can be found at resultscanada.com
Join the Edson Running Community on facebook and Strava to share your run results with other local runners or just to be a part of the community!