What is a Block Party?
A block party gives you and your neighbours the opportunity to socialize and have fun together. Block parties help promote a stronger sense of community, enhance safety within the neighbourhood, and celebrate the reasons why people call Edson home.
Why Should You Have a Block Party?
- To have fun!
- To meet your neighbours. When you know who lives in your neighbourhood, you are more likely to identify strangers or suspicious people.
- To make connections within the community. When you know people, you can exchange skills or resources and perhaps organize a book club, baby-sitting co-op, share walking to school duties, or find new friends for your children.
- To learn a little about each other and who might need a little extra help from time to time.
- To have a neighbourhood clean-up day, play some music and barbeque once all the work is done.
- And to start a neighbourhood tradition of getting together at least once a year.
BLOCK PARTY PLANNING GUIDE