We have a subsidy program for low income Town of Edson or Yellowhead County Residents to help cover the cost of swimming lessons and other programs. Households can apply for up to $450 that can be used for Community Services programming.
If the level you need is full please add swimmers name to the waiting list.
Fall swimming lesson registration opens Wednesday, October 26th at 6pm online at www.edson.ca and in person at the Leisure Centre.
We recognize that the lessons are very popular and it can be hard to get in to the one you want. Here are some tips to help:
• If you have questions about lessons the best person to ask is Katie Barnes, our Aquatics Supervisor.
• You will need an account set up on activenet in order to register.
• Register in person at our guest services desk.
• If you have internet access, we recommend online registration. If you do not, the library has computers that anyone can use for free, and they are open until 8 pm on Wednesday.
Other important notes about lessons:
• Classes will not be rescheduled in the event of a pool closure.
• Lesson sessions will close for registration 1 week prior to start date. Levels that are less than half capacity will be cancelled and replaced with other levels that have waiting lists or private lessons times.
• All swimmers registered in levels must have passed the previous level. Swimmers that are registered in advanced lessons will be removed and a credit applied to the swimmers Active Net account. Electronic Funds Transfers because of these registrations will have a $10 administration fee.
Private swimming lessons open for registration on the last Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm. November 30th & December 29th
Based on the internationally recognized Swim to Survive standard, the Lifesaving Society Swim for Life Program focuses on basic survival skills and good swimming skills – fun from day one! Swim for Life starts by developing strong foundational skills and personal self-rescue skills, then continues on by challenging swimmers to develop strong swimming strokes. Success oriented and fun for the entire family, there is something for everyone in the Swim for Life program.