Temporary Location Announced
Library Expansion Project
The Edson & District Public Library is undergoing a renovation! The new renovation will make the library an accessible and inclusive facility, add community requested spaces, extend capacity, make it energy efficient, include a welcoming engaging design and address safety issues and facility maintenance.
We'll update plans here as the process moves forward.
On June 29, 2023, Council approved an increase in the Capital Budget for the Library Renovation and Expansion project from $3,000,000 to $3,700,000 with increased town funding of $616,600 to be funded from the Future Civic/Cultural Facility Reserve.
The project funding breakdown is expected to be as follows:
- Town of Edson - $2,078,600
- Yellowhead County - $538,000
- Province - $1,000,000 (CFEP program grant)
- Library Board - $83,400 (reserves)
Apply today to be a part of the Library Board!
Access Library Services Online
- Search the catalogue
- View your account to manage your checkouts and holds
- Rediscover old favorites from your reading history
- Link multiple cards in the same family for one-stop account management
- Access eResources
- Scan ISBN barcodes from any book to see if the library has a copy
- Use Click & Collect for curbside pick up, or just to have them ready for you to grab and go!
- Self checkout within the library