The Town of Edson
The Town of Edson was named after Edson J. Chamberlain, General Manager of the Grande Trunk Pacific Railroad in 1911. That same year, the community was incorporated as a village, then a town in 1912. The railroad provided access to the rich Alberta Coal Branch and Edson acted as a supply depot as the railroad pushed west. It was also the jumping-off point for those who travelled the Grande Prairie Trail to homestead in the Grande Prairie Region.
Now the Town of Edson has a population of over 8,000 residents and is located on the major transport route, Highway 16!