Please fly your drones safely!
To view a professionally illustrated guide on drone use in Canada follow the link below.
(From Transport Canada)
If you fly your drone for fun and it weighs more than 250 g and up to 35 kg, you do not need special permission from Transport Canada to fly.
Follow the basic safety rules below. Not doing so may put lives, aircraft and property at risk. If you fly where you are not allowed or choose not to follow any of the rules below, you could face fines of up to $3,000.
Do not fly your drone:
- higher than 90 m above the ground
- closer than 75 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people/crowds
- closer than nine km from the centre of an aerodrome (any airport, heliport, seaplane base or anywhere that aircraft take-off and land)
- within controlled or restricted airspace
- within nine km of a forest fire
- where it could interfere with police or first responders
- at night or in clouds
- if you can’t keep it in sight at all times
- if you are not within 500 m of your drone
- if your name, address, and telephone number are not clearly marked on your drone.
For full rules and regulations please visit TRANSPORT CANADA