Residents can now make use of the “Citizen Budget” tool on our website. This interactive tool will help visualize the Town of Edson’s budget, as well as give an idea of the impact certain changes would have to taxation and service levels.
*This proposal is not the final document and has not been approved by Council. The budget will be presented to Council for approval in December.
The Budget will be adopted by Council in December, 2018 and finalized in the Spring of 2019, as there are some items that are not known at this time. Here is an anticipated timeline for the passing of the Budget:
- November 13, 2018 – Citizen Budget launched.
- November 27, 2018 – Budget brought back to Council for final deliberations,
- December 4, 2018 – 2019 Budget presented to Council for adoption.
- February 2019 – Assessment figures released to the Town
- March/April 2019 – Requisition figures for Schools (AB Education) and Evergreens (Seniors Lodges) received
- April 2019 – Revised Budget presented to Council
- May 2019 – Mill Rate Bylaw passed, and tax notices sent to property owners.