Posted on September 17th, 2020
Operations Update – September 17th, 2020
- Street sweeping: Crews have just completed the highways and the commercial area. The goal is to sweep the residential zones once the leaves have fallen from the trees to help prevent blockage of storm drains.
- Road and alleyway grading is scheduled again in a couple of weeks. Alleyways behind RBC and Midwest glass were re-surfaced with recycled asphalt (millings), this is a temporary repair solution. Permanent repairs are under consideration.
- Drainage improvements are occurring in Skyview subdivision (See the recent update post on that project).
- Street sign repairs are scheduled throughout the months of September and October.
- The Westhaven roadwork and paving project is underway and expected to last for the rest of the month. Please follow signage and park off street where possible.
- Willshire subdivision (54th & 16th Ave): installation of new drainage systems has begun with tree clearing operations. This is intended to protect the adjacent homes from further flooding concerns. No parking on this street in effect until Friday afternoon to accommodate equipment mobilization.
- Road patch repairs at various locations are scheduled for late September.
- Some vandalism has been noticed recently to our street signs. Please report any suspicious behavior to the RCMP and report any downed signs by calling Public Works or using our report-a-problem feature on our website or mobile app.