During the summer months, bike thefts increase to an all time high. Most bicycles recovered in Canada have on average lower than a 1% chance of being returned to the rightful owner. Since stolen bikes are one of the most under reported crimes, statistics recorded that an average of 1 in 5 people report their bike stolen.
To try and combat this epidemic, the Town of Edson Protective Services is reminding residents to report any missing bikes to the RCMP and to inquire to Protective Services if their bicycle has been found.
Information you need to Report Stolen Bikes
- Description of the bike, including make, model, colour, distinguishing marks, etc.
- Serial number.
- Photo of the bicycle.
- Proof of ownership (receipt).
Where to find your bike serial numbers
- Bottom Bracket (underside crank)
- Top of bottom bracket (upper crank)
- Chain Stays (left or right)
- Seat Tube