The Town of Edson is taking additional actions following the elevated Provincial response to the COVID-19 situation.
The Emergency Management Plan has been activated and there has been a partial activation of Edson’s Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC). This allows our senior staff to meet regularly to implement strategies to protect and support our residents, staff, and to support Alberta Health through this incident. The ECC activation also allows for greater coordination between agencies and puts dedicated staff in place to help plan and implement strategies on a larger scale.
It should be noted that the risk in Edson is low at this time, but Council is taking this action to ensure we are prepared in the event additional steps need to be taken.
The Town of Edson is in contact with Alberta Health and urges residents to continue to receive health information from reliable sources including the Provincial website set up with the latest information on COVID-19, signs and symptoms, and special precautions people should be taking to help stop the spread of the virus. www.alberta.ca/covid.
A reminder that, until further notice, the Town of Edson has enacted the following closures/cancellations:
- Repsol Place – Facility closed to the public and removal of ice for the season.
- Town Office – Closed to the public. Please watch official channels for more information on electronic billing and payments.
- Emergency Services Building (Fire Hall) – Closed to the public and special measures taken to ensure the continuation of emergency response. No change in level of service.
- Public Works Building – Closed to the public. Pound will remain operational with special measures put in place for staff safety.
- ParentLink – Closed until further notice.
- Town Programming – Fitness classes, swimming lessons, etc. will be cancelled. Cancelled programs will be refunded. The tax clinic is also on hold with plans to finish the remainder of the current files. For alternative options, please contact Community Development at 780-723-4403.
- Landfill/Lagoon – Will remain open.
- Airport – Will remain open with limited access for the general public.
As the situation is evolving there may be changes/additions to the above list as updated information becomes available.