High Risk / Edson Facility MeasuresPosted on
The Town of Edson is putting some measures in to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community. As the Edson zone has reached 35 active cases, this puts our community in a “high-risk profile”. As such, some proactive steps are being taken to control spread and protect the public, staff, and the operation of our facilities.
Additional measures at Repsol Place include:
- Strong recommendation for masks in Repsol Place when social distancing can not be kept. Staff will be masked in public areas.
- Social distancing is recommended.
- As was done last season, separate entrances will be used for players/spectators at each arena. Please follow the signage.
- All guests are asked to use hand sanitizing stations upon entry and exiting of Repsol Place.
- Shinny and pool users are to use the main lobby doors and pay at the guest service desk.
- Staff will be doing enhanced cleaning of entire facility.
Masking is being strongly recommended in all Town of Edson facilities. Staff will be required to wear masks anytime they are away from their workstations. Town of Edson facilities include Repsol Place, Civic Centre, Fire Hall, and Public Works.
Residents are encouraged to get outdoors and enjoy Edson’s many outdoor spaces and activities. Please help keep the spaces safe and clean for all residents to enjoy.
Anyone 12+ is eligible for their first and second doses now. For more details visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx.
While the Province has 69% of age 12+ fully vaccinated, Edson is lagging behind at 54.2%. We encourage everyone to consider booking your shot as soon as possible and help protect yourself from severe illness.
As always, the Town of Edson asks all residents and visitors to continue following the remaining health precautions. Consider wearing a mask indoors where distancing cannot be maintained, wash your hands often, and stay home when sick. Please help us work together to keep our facilities safe and open.