Posted on May 04th, 2021
Please note the new Provincial Restrictions.
This DOES apply to Edson. As our community is under 10,000 in population we fall under Yellowhead County which sits at 33 cases and 169.3 active case rate per 100,000.
Please be patient as we consider these new measures and how they will impact the programs and services offered by the Town of Edson and our facilities. We hope to get more clarity and answers to questions in the next few days. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to follow the health orders in place and help stop the spread in our community.
New mandatory health restrictions are being implemented to help stop the spike of COVID-19.
These measures apply to all Albertans, businesses, organizations and service providers in municipalities or areas with more than 50 cases per 100,000 people and with 30 or more active cases.
Some restrictions apply provincewide.
Effective May 5:
- Outdoor gatherings are limited to five people and a maximum of two households
- Weddings and funerals are limited to 10 people. Receptions are still not permitted.
- Places of worship are limited to 15 people
- Retail stores are limited to 10% capacity not including staff, or a minimum of five customers
- All post-secondary learning must shift to online learning only
Effective May 7:
- All K-12 schools provincewide will transition to at-home learning for two weeks (returning May 25)
- Childcare facilities will remain open
Effective 11:59 p.m. on May 9:
- Restaurants and bars, provincewide, limited to take-out/delivery (no patio dining)
- All personal and wellness services, including hair salons, barbers, nail salons, estheticians, tattoos and piercing, must close. Non-regulated health services such as massage therapy can remain open by appointment.
- Youth and adult indoor sport, performance and recreation activities are prohibited
- Outdoor sports and recreation limited to households or close contacts
All other public health measures remain in effect.
For full list of restrictions: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx