With the warmer temperatures, the Town of Edson is encouraging everyone to get out and enjoy it, but please do so safely.
To help keep our COVID-19 case numbers low, the Town of Edson is asking everyone to please follow the Provincial guidelines in place. With active cases starting to increase in Alberta again, it is more important than ever to help keep the spread down so we can get back to business.
A few issues were observed over the weekend including outdoor social gatherings and outdoor skating rules not being followed.
A reminder that all indoor and outdoor social gatherings are prohibited at this time. The outdoor rink rules are as follows:
- Indoor shelters and change areas will remain closed.
- Strict capacities on each ODR. Capacity is based on rink dimensions and will be posted on site.
- Proper distancing must be maintained between family groups (at least 2 meters).
- Private gatherings involving people from different households are prohibited in any indoor or outdoor location.
- No competitions, games, or events can occur. (skating only)
- No shinny, tag, or pickup games.
These are Provincial restrictions and need to be adhered to in order to keep our facilities open. Community Peace Officers will be moving to an evening shift to help remind residents of the rules in place. Our commitment remains education over enforcement.
As well, people were observed skating at Glenwood’s outdoor rink which is closed and gated at this time. This has damaged the ice and will delay the opening again. Please remain off that ice until it is ready.