Go Back to News Listing

Running for Council

Posted on
Thinking of running in the upcoming municipal election? Don’t forget to submit your nomination papers by noon on September 20th. For more information on how you can run for Council, please visit www.edson.ca/runforcouncil.
We also want to take this time to remind candidates about campaign signage rules in our community.
Please do not place your election campaign signs on any Town owned properties, including (but not limited to) the:
• Town Office—Civic Centre and Public Works Building
• Fire Department
• Museum
• RCMP Centennial Park (excluding the outer highway boulevard)
• Repsol Place
• Library
• Griffiths Park Building
• Airport
• Trail systems
It is important that Town owned facilities remain neutral in an election.
Additionally, signs may not be attached to utility poles. Any signs found in these areas shall be removed and may be discarded.
You may place your signs on any private land, providing you receive permission from the legal landowner.
Signs may also be placed along the highway boulevards, but you must ensure they do not block site lines and that they adhere to Alberta Transportation’s Guidelines.
Following the election, please ensure all signage is removed within 72-hours.