Posted on October 30th, 2020
For the full snow removal policy, maps and information, please visit www.edson.ca/snow.
Some changes are anticipated this snow season due to the 2020 emergency budget and 0.9 staff schedule. This will result in some service level changes when it comes to snow removal. The following changes are in place for the 2020 snow season.
- Following a snow event, clearing operations will commence on the priority 1 &2 routes, commercial zone and High priority areas. Operations will not proceed into residential areas following each snow event unless an emergency situation / condition occurs. Residential zones will see a reduction in clearing this winter.
- Unless deemed necessary, crews will not be conducting snow hauling on weekends. this means windrows will be left in the center of the road for up to two nights at times. Intersections will be cleared of obstruction as soon as possible. This is to enable maximum efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Alleyways will not be maintained or cleared of snow.
- If vehicles are not moved, particularly from narrow streets / cul de sacs, and prevent access for snow removal equipment, crews will bypass the street and snow removal will not be conducted. Watch for updates on this page, and on the mobile app for snow clearing operation updates.
- The newly constructed snow dump is located at the original site on 6th Avenue (near the airport).
- Contractors will need to register at the Town office to acquire access to the new snow dump. A process for this will be publicized as details are finalized.