With the current risk level for COVID-19 in our community, the Town of Edson is requesting some additional steps to help protect our staff during this year’s spring cleanup program.
• Please have all items out on the curb by NO LATER THAN, Tuesday, May 25th, at 7am. Preferably the day prior. This will allow the items to sit outdoors and lessen the risk of potential surface transmission of COVID-19.
• If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, have been out of the County in the past 2 weeks, or have been identified as a close contact, we ask that you refrain from participating in the program at this time.
• Please disinfect items if possible, prior to placement outdoors.
• This is a no contact program, please keep your distance from staff as they operate.
• Staff will be following COVID-19 safety protocols which includes, but is not limited to, extra protective equipment (gloves, masks, protective clothing), distancing as much as possible, enhanced hand hygiene, and disinfection procedures.
*Please note – It may take a number of days to collect based on the number of items placed for pickup across the community.
Help us keep our staff protected as they provide this service for the community.
Town crews will begin picking up your unwanted items May 25th.
Pickup will be from the same spot as the current cart collection locations. Please place on the boulevard and not directly on the road.
Crews will not return to your area once they’ve gone past.
Acceptable items (must be less than 200 lbs.):
- Renovation Material
- Fence boards
- Plastic tubs, barrels with no lids on
- Old toys
- Box springs (no mattresses)
- Metal bed frames
- Concrete (1’x1’x1’ chunks max)
- Lawn mowers/snowblowers (all fluids removed)
- Barbecues (no propane bottles)
Items NOT accepted:
- Nothing in containers or bags
- Nothing over 200 lbs.
- No hazardous materials
- Washers / dryers
- Tires & vehicle parts
- Fridges / freezers, air conditioners
- Propane bottles / fuel tanks and containers
- Hot water tanks, stoves, dishwashers
- Paint & Spray paint
Crews WILL NOT PICK UP grass clippings, branches, or cardboard.
For more information, please call Public Works (780) 723-6461.