Talisman Place Weekend Closure
Edson, Alberta, Aug 3rd, 2016 – Talisman Place in Edson was closed over the weekend after the smell of ammonia was reported on Saturday evening.
The levels detected were minimal, but as a safety precaution the facility was closed until the cause could be determined. An investigation revealed a residual pocket of ammonia was vented from the plant room to the outside environment causing the strong smell.
There is no risk to the public and the facility was reopened Tuesday afternoon.
The Town of Edson would like to thank residents for their patience during the closure.