Temporary Arena ClosuresPosted on
The Town of Edson is temporarily closing both arenas at the Edson and District Leisure Centre effective immediately due to COVID related staffing issues.
This closure impacts the arenas only. The pool remains open at this time.
Staffing levels will be monitored and every effort will be made to reopen the arenas as soon as possible.
In the meantime, a deep clean and disinfection of the arenas will be taking place over the weekend.
As we continue to deal with this latest challenge, we encourage all patrons to practice continuous masking in our facilities unless actively participating in an activity.
- Masking and 2 metres physical distancing are mandatory in all indoor public spaces, workplaces, and places of worship.
- For fully vaccinated people who have just completed the 5-day isolation and no longer have symptoms, masks must be worn at all times outside of home for an additional 5 days.
- Employees must mask in all indoor work settings, except while alone in work stations.
- Masks are still required in places that implement the Restrictions Exemption Program.
- Masks should fit well and be of high quality. People at risk of severe outcomes should wear medical masks when in settings with people outside of their household.
As well, we encourage everyone to get vaccinated as they are eligible to do so. Edson remains about 12% behind the Provincial average when is comes to those 12+ with 2 doses. For more information on the COVID-19 vaccines, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx.
Leave A Comment