We are inviting local organizations and businesses who provide recreation opportunities in Edson and the surrounding area to join the RecEdson Interagency.
What is it?
A informal group facilitated by the Town of Edson Community Development Coordinator, Lexi Abbott, to create a collective voice and collaboration opportunities for recreation providers in our community.
What are the benefits for members?
- You will be kept up to date on local & provincial initiatives and grant opportunities move initiatives forward.
- Have the opportunity to connect with like minded people.
- Find support to move initiatives forward.
- Share ideas on attraction and retention of volunteers.
- Work together to recognize gaps or issues pertaining to our community and find creative ways to address them .
- As a member you will have the opportunity to be listed in the Directory below where the community can access your up to date information.
- Interagency members will be kept informed and be able to refer people to one another's events and programs.
- Being at the table will help you build partnerships and identify opportunities to share resources.
- There is no cost to join RecEdson Interagency!
Who can join?
- Not for profit AND for profit organizations/businesses
What is the commitment?
- As much or as little as you want; we will have 3-4 meetings per year that are optional to attend and will evolve as we get started.
- Meeting format will be based on feedback and suggestions from our members, but may include things like: round table updates, guest speakers, training opportunities, community concerns, etc.
- We recognize that your schedule may not allow for your attendance at meetings, but whether you attend or not, you will still be included on our email list to stay in the loop, and be listed in the directory on our website.
Ready to sign up or find out more?
Fall Into Fitness
- A fitness challenge that encourages adults to get active and try new things for the chance to win prizes!
- This challenge runs from September 18th to October 15th.
- Participants will get a sticker in their passport each time they engage in an activity with a participating organization, up to eight (8) stickers per organization.
- Each sticker equals one entry into the draw.
- Participants must visit at least four (4) participating organizations to be eligible to win a prize.
- Passports must be handed in at any participating organization by October 20th to be entered in the draw.
- All of these activities are beginner friendly and open to adults of all fitness levels!
Pick up your pass at any of the following participating organizations:
- The Edson & District Leisure Centre
- Elevation Studio
- Vibe Cycle
- The Edson Golf Club
- Hive Quarters
- Arashi Do Edson
- RNK Fitness
- Kore Konditioning
- Edson Taekwondo
Recreation Edson Directory
For Profit & Not For Profit Organizations.
Last updated December 2nd, 2020.
Curling for all ages.
President: Maggie Loucks
Friendly co-ed basketball, soccer & volleyball.
Location: Yellowhead Koinonia Christian School
Contact: Joseph Dostaler
Edson Basketball Facebook
Edson Adult Co-Ed Indoor/Outdoor Drop In Soccer Facebook
DISCLOSURE: Edson Coed Sports did not create the soccer Facebook page. We simply use it as a means to post the soccer drop-in times that our Edson Coed Sports started up. Similarly, unaffiliated with Edson Coed Sports at this point, there is an Edson Adult Volleyball League Facebook Page. Please contact these groups individually for additional information regarding soccer and volleyball events taking place in Edson.
Offers a variety of shooting sport and outdoor recreation opportunities in Edson & Yellowhead County.
Archery nights Mondays 7-9 pm at the Basement of the Galloway Station Museum. For more info reach out to the archery chair Joshua Vick at 780 725 5680.
President: Andy McCracken
The Edson Tumblers Gymnastics club is a volunteer driven non-profit organization. Our goal is to provide Edson and the surrounding communities with both recreational and competitive gymnastics programs. Our mission is to provide quality gymnastics instruction for all ages and abilities emphasizing fun, fitness, safety and progressive development at all levels.
The Edson Tumblers Gymnastics Club is dedicated to the promotion and development of the full physical and mental potential of each individual.
Our vision is to provide athletes and any visitors with a safe, welcoming, challenging and fun environment where they can enjoy activities to promote healthier lifestyles.
Small group fitness 5:30-6:15 am Mon/Wed/Thurs.
Bootcamp/Crossfit style workouts.
Certified Personal Trainer
Location: 53226 Range Road 180 Yellowhead County
Home to Edson Dance Academy, True Movement Platform, Pilates Suspension, & Barre.
Owners/True Movement Platform Trainers- Tracy Acorn & Kerri Quinlan.
Pilates Suspension Method Instructor- Tracy Acorn
Barre Instructor- Jill Heintz
Educational & Recreational Events & Facilities for Edson, Yellowhead County & surrounding communities.
Clinics - Canine, Equine Lessons - Canine, Equine, Rodeo Events - Rodeo, Bullarama, Horse Shows Facility/Equipment Rentals