Emergency PreparednessPosted on
While it’s been a good few days for wildfire firefighting in the area, we’re not out of the woods yet. Mother nature can be unpredictable and there is always the chance the situation could change. As we live in a forest area, the risk of wildfire always remains. We need to stay prepared.
We encourage all residents in the Town of Edson to remain prepared in the event of a wildfire emergency.
- Download the Alberta Wildfire app for mobile devices.
- See Alberta Wildfire (https://www.alberta.ca/alberta-wildfire.aspx) for the status and location of wildfires, fire bans and restrictions, and learn more about wildfire prevention.
- Maintain an emergency kit stocked with supplies such as water, food, battery-powered or crank radio and flashlight, extra batteries or Weatheradio.
- Store important documents such as passports, birth certificates, banking information and insurance papers in a safe place in an above ground location.
- If you have a vehicle, keep the tank full in case fuel stations lose power or close down. Keep a vehicle emergency kit and include an extra phone charger with necessary adapters.
More great information on what to do before, during, and after a wildfire emergency can be found here https://www.alberta.ca/wildfire-preparedness.aspx.
While evacuation orders have been lifted in Edson, we’re asking everyone to stay prepared and to keep watching our website and social media for updates.