Be Prepared for EmergenciesPosted on
Be Prepared for Emergencies
With the hot, dry, and windy weather, fire behaviour has increased again and we’re asking everyone to stay informed and to be prepared to evacuate if necessary. There is no immediate danger to the Town of Edson at this time, but we want everyone to be prepared if the situation changes. Stay up to date by watching for official updates on the Town of Edson Facebook page and our website at www.edson.ca.
- Download the Alberta Wildfire app and Alberta Emergency Alert App for mobile devices.
- See Alberta Wildfire (https://www.alberta.ca/alberta-wildfire.aspx) for the status and location of wildfires, fire bans and restrictions, and learn more about wildfire prevention.
- Maintain an emergency kit stocked with supplies such as water, food, battery-powered or crank radio and flashlight, extra batteries. This should include enough supplies to sustain you for at least 72 hours.
- Store important documents such as passports, birth certificates, banking information and insurance papers in a safe place in an above ground location.
- If you have a vehicle, keep the tank full in case fuel stations lose power or close down. Keep a vehicle emergency kit and include an extra phone charger with necessary adapters.
- If you are leaving the community for an extended period, take your pets with you or have a plan in place to have your pets evacuated if needed.
More great information on what to do before, during, and after a wildfire emergency can be found here https://www.alberta.ca/wildfire-preparedness.aspx.
The Town of Edson is currently under an evacuation ALERT, asking residents to be prepared to evacuate if conditions worsen. Please watch for official updates as they become available and be prepared.